HEART-THEMED “THINKING OF YOU” CARDS
Collection Date: January 1st – January 31st (deadline – last day to accept cards)
F ebruary is Heart Month. An important time to not only raise awareness about heart disease that affect hearts of all sizes and promote healthy habits, but also a great time to help lift the spirits of children living with congenital heart disease. Please join us for Heart month and together let us shower the children with heart-themed “Thinking of You” cards of love, hope and encouragement.
Below are a few important guidelines we ask that you please follow before making your cards. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Christina. For self-help information, please do check the FAQs and Sentiment List sections.
Thank you for your consideration in making a gift donation of handmade cards!
Mail Card Donations To: Christina Hor | c/o Cards for Little Hearts | P.O. Box 517 | Dublin, Ohio 43017 | USA
Download and include the Card Acknowledgement Reciept form with your cards
HEART-THEMED CARD GUIDELINES
- Please make heart themed “Thinking of You” cards for children age 1 to young adult.
- Any stamps, die-cut, embossing, papers, embellishments etc…even your own drawing are welcome so long there is HEART on the card. See Gallery for inspirations.
- Keep cards fun and cheery.
- Please use acid-free glue and adhesive.
- Card Size: A2 or 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″, 5″x7″ and 5″x5″ size cards only please.
- Front of the card: need a sentiment. Please use GENERAL sentiment as the cards will be distribute throughout the month of February. For suggestions, please see Sentiments List page.
- Inside of the card: leave blank. Hospital staff will write a personal message to the children before signing.
- If using a dark colored card base, please adhere a white or light colored piece of cardstock to the inside of card. This make it easier for patients to read the hand-written message from the staff.
- Back of the card (Optional): include a message like “handmade by” and then your full name , your full name + “Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive” or even nickname. You are welcome to download and use this watermark.
- Pack your cards: in a cardboard box, padded envelope or clear crystal box to ensure that your beautiful handmade cards arrive to us undamaged.
- DO NOT include envelopes
- Download and include this Card Acknowledgement Reciept form with your cards
- Mail Card Donations To: Christina Hor | c/o Cards for Little Hearts | P.O. Box 517 | Dublin, Ohio 43017 | USA
- OPTIONAL: you are welcome to include a small pack of stickers and 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ size coloring pages with the cards. You can use digital images (one you’ve purchased or have permission to use) or hand stamped images on the coloring page. We will be including a coloring kit with each card for the children to give them something fun to do and take their mind off their treatment.
- Do not include any religious symbols or religious sentiment on your cards.
- No “Get Well” or “Feel Better Soon” cards and messages or anything that would remind the children of being sick.
- No loose glitters. But okay to use are: Wink of Stella, glitter pens. glitter paste, glitter tape, embossed powders, glitter drops or glitter papers.
- Do not use any internet images unless you have paid for it or have received direct permission from the owner to use it.
- Do not include your personal informaton such as address, e-mail, phone number. The hospital cannot distribute out any cards that have these information on.